INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT IBDE
IBDE always looks for enthusiastic, positive-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, who are interested in pursuing a career in international business, diplomacy, media and politics. Interns must be able to commit to an unpaid internship for a minimum of 3 months.
An internship at IBDE may involve working on a number of different programmes, ranging from our research activities to international investment forums, meetings and seminars. We are particularly interested to hear from individuals with excellent academic achievements and interest/experience in marketing & communication, trade & investment promotion, commercial diplomacy as well as with photographic, multi-media and web design capabilities.
An Internship at the IBDE:
An internship at IBDE gives you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a growing not-for-profit organization in the field of international business and diplomacy. During your time at IBDE you will be raising awareness of our activities amongst possible stakeholders, conducting research relevant to a particular project, and helping IBDE to develop and hold its programmes. During our investment forums, meetings and seminars you will have the opportunity to network with important figures from international business, diplomacy and academia.
Due to the demands of working in a not-for-profit organization and the events involving mainly senior business executives, politicians and senior diplomats, we place a great value on flexibility, commitment, a positive attitude and the ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good administrative and IT skills;
- Experience of database maintenance;
- Experience of events management.
Your specific responsibilities will depend upon the activity of IBDE at the time of your internship. Typical responsibilities include:
- Marketing activity – exploring potential sponsors and speakers for IBDE events
- Forum-based research relevant to the goals of our programmes
- Researching potential programme stakeholders
- Supporting event planning and management for panel discussions, investment conferences, seminars, workshops, and social activities
- Depending on the duration of the internship and the opportunities available, interns may have the opportunity to take on extra responsibility.
Please note that positions for internships are unpaid. Successful candidates should expect a short interview.
Please send an email to
expressing your interest, together with a copy of your CV and two references. Alternatively, you can send a covering letter and attach your CV with two references to: Internships, International Business and Diplomatic Exchange, 1 Northumberland Avenue,Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5BW